*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
On November 24th, 2017, Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) returns to Netflix originals for Frontier Season 2. It looks like he is going to be pulling out all the stops, and the word “[email protected]” is not overused here. Dark, gory, and set in a frigid, desolate landscape, the trailer will take your breath away.
Momoa plays Declan Harp, a half-Irish, half-Cree fur trader-turned-outlaw on the run from the mighty Hudson’s Bay Company, whose charter made them “absolute lords and proprietors” of all lands around Hudson’s Bay. Set in the 18th century, in Fort James, British Columbia, this historical action drama is about factions locked in battle over the spoils of the fur trade. Today’s Hudson’s Bay Company is a chain of department stores. But back then, it was a ruthless killing machine that mowed down anything that stood in its way, including Harper’s entire family.
Co-created by Brad Peyton, Rob Blackie, and Peter Blackie, Frontier’s Season 1, was hailed by viewers and critics alike. Season 2 also promises a roiling, action-packed trip back in time. The first episode, “Dead Reckoning,” and finds Harper with a bounty on his head and Fort James swiftly filling up with Bounty Hunters. A deeply moving, relatable television show is not what people expect when they hear “historical drama,” but that’s exactly what the creators of Netflix’s Frontier deliver.
With that all said, Frontier is not something you’d want to watch with the kids. IMDB had this to say: “This series is rated TV-MA meaning it contains content most parents would not find suitable for children under the age of 17. It contains strong language and violence, blood & gore, sexual content and nudity.”
Others appearing in Season 2 of Frontier include:
- Jason Momoa as Declan Harp
- Landon Liboiron as Michael Smyth
- Zoe Boyle as Grace Emberly
- Christian McKay as Father James Coffin
- Evan Jonigkeit as Captain Chesterfield
- Shawn Doyle as Samuel Grant
- Zahn McClarnon as Samoset
- Lyla Porter-Follows as Clenna Dolan
- Diana Bentley as Imogen
- Greg Bryk as Cobbs Pond
- Breanne Hill as Mary
- Paul Fauteux as Jean-Marc Rivard
- William Belleau as Dimanche
- Allan Hawco as Douglas Brown
- Michael Patric as Malcolm Brown
- Stephen Lord as Cedric Brown
- Katie McGrath as Elizabeth Carruthers
- Charles Aitken as Captain Johnson
- Tantoo Cardinal as Kamenna
- Raoul Trujillo as Machk
- Kiowa Gordon as Kitchi
- Cameron Roberts as Chogan
- Jessica Matten as Sokanon
- Alun Armstrong as Lord Benton