*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There are tons of movies on Netflix that are appropriate for all ages. But if you are wanting to find some good movies on Netflix that don’t have any curse words or other inappropriate language in it then it can be a bit more difficult. Even some movies that are rated PG will still have some language that won’t be appropriate for little ears.
So in this article, I went through and ranked the best movies on Netflix that don’t have any (or many) curse words or offensive content in them. A couple of movies have a few instances of cursing in them which I have noted in the description.
1. The Princess Bride
This classic tale of true love and adventure is not only a great movie, but it’s also completely free of any naughty words. This movie follows the story of Westley, a poor farmhand, as he embarks on a journey to rescue his one true love, Buttercup, from the clutches of the evil Prince Humperdinck.
Along the way, he meets a variety of memorable characters, such as the clever swordsman Inigo Montoya, the giant Fezzik, and the wise old man, Miracle Max. This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good adventure story with a touch of romance and a whole lot of humor.
2. The Great Muppet Caper
This movie follows the Muppets as they travel to London to investigate a jewel thief. Along the way, they encounter a variety of hilarious mishaps and hilarious characters, including Lady Holiday, the wealthy fashion designer whose jewels have been stolen.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves the Muppets and their brand of slapstick humor.
3. The Secret of NIMH
This animated film follows the story of Mrs. Brisby, a mouse who must find a way to save her family’s home before they are forced to move. Along the way, she encounters a variety of characters, including the wise rat, Nicodemus, and the fearsome owl, Mr. Ages.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good story about mice saving the day and is willing to overlook the slightly darker tone of the film.
4. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
This classic film follows the story of Elliot, a young boy who befriends an alien who has been stranded on Earth. Together, they embark on a journey to help E.T. find his way home.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a heartwarming story about friendship and the bond between a boy and his alien best friend.
(This movie contains a few foul words including $h!t and B!tch)
5. The Land Before Time
This animated film follows the story of Littlefoot, a young dinosaur who must journey through dangerous lands to find the Great Valley, a land where he and his kind can thrive. Along the way, he meets a variety of other young dinosaurs who become his friends and help him on his journey.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good story about friendship and adventure.
This stop-motion animated film follows the story of Coraline, a curious young girl who discovers a secret world through a mysterious door in her family’s new home. However, as she delves deeper into this world, she realizes that it is not all that it seems and must find a way to escape before it’s too late.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good story about a curious girl discovering a secret world and is willing to overlook the slightly creepy tone of the film.
7. The Iron Giant
This animated film follows the story of Hogarth, a young boy who befriends a giant robot that has fallen from the sky. Together, they must find a way to save the Iron Giant from the government agents who are determined to destroy him.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good story about a boy and his giant robot best friend.
(This movie does contain a few instances of bad language, He$$ and [email protected] so if you want no bad language at all skip this movie).
8. The Secret Life of Pets
This animated film follows the story of Max, a pampered terrier whose world is turned upside down when his owner brings home a big, shaggy dog named Duke. Together, they must find a way to get along and stop an evil bunny named Snowball from taking over the city.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good story about animals while also having a lot of fun along the way.
9. The LEGO Movie
This animated film follows the story of Emmet, a regular LEGO mini-figure who is mistaken for the “Special,” a powerful and legendary figure who is prophesized to save the LEGO world. Along with a group of other LEGO characters, Emmet sets out on a journey to stop the evil tyrant Lord Business from destroying the universe.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good story about Legos and family.
10. The Sound of Music
This classic musical follows the story of Maria, a young nun who becomes the governess for the seven children of the wealthy Captain von Trapp. As she teaches the children how to sing and brings joy back into the Captain’s life, she falls in love with him and must decide between her love for him and her vows as a nun.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good musical and a heartwarming love story.
This animated film follows the story of Buster Moon, a koala who owns a struggling theater and comes up with the idea to hold a singing competition in an effort to bring in more business. A variety of different animals, each with their own dreams and aspirations, sign up to compete in the competition.
This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good story about a singing competition and the pursuit of dreams.
Tips For Finding Movies On Netflix That Don’t Have Curse Words or Inappropriate Language
- Use Netflix’s rating and content filtering system: Netflix allows you to filter content by rating (e.g. TV-PG, TV-G) and by specific content (e.g. violence, language). To access these filters, go to your Account Settings and click on the “Parental Controls” tab. Here, you can set the content rating level that you want to allow and block specific types of content. This can help you narrow down your search for suitable movies.
- Look for movies with a “TV-G” or “TV-Y” rating: These ratings indicate that a movie is suitable for all ages and does not contain any content that may not be suitable for children.
- Check out Netflix’s “Just for Kids” section: This section of Netflix is specifically designed for children and contains a variety of movies and TV shows that are suitable for all ages.
- Read reviews and ratings from other viewers: Many people leave reviews and ratings for movies on Netflix, which can give you an idea of the content and appropriateness of a movie. Keep in mind that everyone has different standards and opinions, so it’s always a good idea to do your own research as well.
- Consider the movie’s genre: Some movie genres tend to be more suitable for all ages than others. For example, animated movies and family-friendly comedies are generally good options for a general audience.
- Choose classic movies: Classic movies, especially those from the 1950s-1970s, tend to have less explicit content and language compared to more recent movies.
- Look for movies based on true stories: These movies are often more suitable for a general audience because they are based on real events and may not contain as much inappropriate content as fictional movies.
I hope these tips are helpful in your search for good movies on Netflix without explicit language or inappropriate content. Remember to use the rating and content filtering system, read reviews and ratings, and consider the genre and age of the movie to find the best options for you and your family.